Title: Director ?of Business Development
Location: Culver City, CA
Reports to: Founder/CEO
What We’re Looking For:
We are seeking an experienced and hungry leader to build a pipeline of new business opportunities, significantly expand Sidebench’s client and project portfolio, and grow a world-class business development team while supporting, and support the development of new offerings and Sidebench methodologies to fit emerging market needs.
The focus of this role is to deepen and broaden our relationships with C-level executives, top-tier Founders, high-value connectors and partners, and the general startup, tech, and IT communities. The candidate must thrive in a model that requires fusing a wide array of consulting, design, and development capabilities to present comprehensive custom solutions to clients.
Candidates should have a proven track record of scaling an advisory business and growing annual services billings through client relationships. This role will be expected to constantly learn and grow along with the organization, be willing to operate in a hands-on and dynamic environment and maintain significant personal client engagement for key accounts.
To properly execute on new business opportunities, the person in this role will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Core member of the leadership team responsible for developing strategies and roadmaps to increase market share, brand, and client awareness.
- Consistently research prospective clients, new technologies, and market landscapes on a regular basis
- Build an extensive network and client list that includes potential partners in tech, health, government, and others
- Present Sidebench’s value propositions to clients across multiple markets, addressing their key business drivers in the most compelling way; Understand client need and build a vision for how Sidebench’s services and solutions will materially impact client business drivers
- Achieve ambitious sales quota via networking into new client accounts by leveraging existing relationships, targeted account planning, prospecting efforts, and marketing initiatives
- Be proficient invalidating/identifying and building relationships with all key individuals within a client’s organization
- Drive contract negotiations with clients, leveraging internal legal and business partners as appropriate
- Drive forward Sidebench’s sales process and prospect?& client engagement, as well as support initial project solutions and pitch development with the Delivery team, collaborating with internal stakeholders (Product, Technology, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Delivery and Account Management) to effectively close new client deals.
- Maintain pipeline progress, forecast accuracy, and opportunity progression via CRM
- Analyzing our current sales strategies and regularly improving our processes
Experience and Qualifications:
Our ideal candidate has directly relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company. In addition, they should also possess the following skills:
- Proven track record of closing $2.0M to $5.0M+ in annual consulting/design/development billings, having demonstrated sales experience with selling custom application development, technology consulting, user experience research and design, and/or other relevant digital/tech advisory services (e-commerce, systems integration, data analytics, etc.) into new client accounts
- Highly skilled in all aspects of consultative sales and business development to include prospecting/sourcing, initiation, deal qualification, closure, and customer satisfaction/client management
- Proven track record of opening new accounts and expanding them with the support of a delivery team; and adeptness in building high-quality relationships versus having a purely impersonal transactional approach
- Critical thinker with strong negotiating and strategic selling skills, and the ability to see the big picture while also understanding key project-level details
- Highly developed organizational, planning, and management skills; Creating a business plan, assessing new markets, qualifying targets, and prioritizing sales efforts
- Proven ability to develop/drive and thrive in a metrics-driven, process-based environment with high accountability
- Strong team building skills with a predisposition for building consensus and achieving goals through collaboration
- An extremely high level of energy, sense of urgency, creativity, and decisiveness coupled with the ability/willingness to work hard and well under pressure
- The successful candidate will be entrepreneurial, resourceful, collaborative, and personable
- Hungry, Humble, Smart; High Sales IQ yet open to coaching and investing in personal and professional growth
This role’s compensation package includes a blend of sales commission-based and profit-based bonuses
Please apply through this link
Sidebench is a leading product development studio and modern tech consultancy that was founded in 2012 by Forbes 30 Under 30 member Kevin Yamazaki. We’ve been named one of America’s fastest growing companies by Inc. Magazine over each of the past 3 years and we’ve landed on Entrepreneur Magazine’s list of America’s Most Entrepreneurial Companies in America over the past 2.
Sidebench specializes in the strategy, design, and building of entire tech-enabled businesses, enterprise platforms & systems, custom mobile & web apps, and internal software that help solve problems for some of the world’s most respected brands and social impact organizations.
We empower our employees to supercharge their career and pursue learning opportunities that help them growth professionally and personally. We use a diverse set of talents and expertise to grow our “collective genius” and co-invent the future of tech together. Our focus is to create great experiences for our end users and provide a great place to work for our people.
Clients include: Red Bull, Facebook, Oakley, Andreessen Horowitz, Accel Partners, Sony Pictures, United Talent Agency (UTA), NBC Universal, Pabst Blue Ribbon, Imagine Entertainment, Chelsea Handler, Pressed Juicery, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles, Cedars-Sinai, Foster Care (DCFS), UCSF Innovation, Instagram, American Heart Association, Microsoft, and many others.